Sunday, September 21, 2008

Prelim AFAC Tri Race Report

Well I survived the "Athletes for a Cure" Olympic distance triathlon. My time wasn't great (4:17), but ironically it was identical to my Chicago time a month ago. Well at least I am consistent :)
So my breakdown looks like this:
Swim: 42:55
T1: 5:58
Bike: 1:36:49
T2: 2:31
Run: 1:49:28
Finished 9th out of 9 in 1-39 Athena. I am the definition of "back of the pack!"
I am happy that I finished, it was a fun race for the most part. The run course sucked a bit because it was 2 loops and 1 mile of the loop was thru some bumpy grass, it was not a path ever, it was mainly a canal embankment. Many people were afraid to run here for fear of twisting an ankle. This was my least favorite part.
Will have more to follow later, as I am sooooooooo tired. We just finished driving back from Orlando and of course I had to take my bubs to the theme parks after the race so I am beat.
Also I had the worst nights sleep last night, but more on that later.
All in all it was a great experience and I had a good time!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the race! No fun running on uneven grounds when you are not prepared for it! :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Way to go!! Nice job!