Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good News!

So a couple of good news tidbits today.
I found out that the girl that was in the accident is doing fine and expected to make a full recovery. Her aunt phoned me today to let me know. I was relieved to hear this, as I was a little traumatized by the whole thing. She ended up with a bruised kidney, a leaking liver (which they repaired), something screwed up with her foot or ankle (guess it got pinned), 8 staples by her knee and some cuts on her head. Her aunt said they were going to keep her in their for several more days to watch her liver and do more cat scans. She actually remembers me speaking to her at the crash and telling her to hang in there and stay with me. She said she thought she was gonna die and was so grateful to have someone there with her to comfort her and help her thru. This totally made my day. I am so glad that I was able to help her. She wants to speak with me so I am thinking I might stop in by the hospital and pay her a visit, because I know how boring it is just sitting around in that place (spent almost a month in there before I had my bubs).
My other good tidbit: I got registered for the Miami Man International Distance Triathlon in Miami. This is an awesome tri, as the run portion goes thru Metrozoo by all of the animals and the swim is in a really clear lake. The bike is also very flat :) This race has been sold out for 2-3 months now and they must have just released a few more spots, so yeah! This will be my next "big" race. I have a few sprint races planned in there, but this race will be my focus. As of now there are 20 Athena's signed up and my goal is to not be last! Gotta work on my run!
Saturday there is a 5k honoring a local fireman who passed away earlier in the year. My hubs has training in the morning, so I think I will take bubs to the race and push her in the stroller. Not to mention there is post race BBQ. Now if anyone knows how to throw a BBQ, its the fire department. And BBQ for breakfast sounds awesome. Not to mention the race doesn't start until 8 and its 5 minutes drive from my house :)
Also I got my breakdown from Sunday's race:
Swim: 13:26 (~253/283)
T1: 2:18
Bike: 45:33 (~233/283)
T2: 1:41
Run: 48:50 (283/283)
Total: 1:51:47
BTW this was the worst run time out of everyone! Pics aren't out yet, but very soon I'm sure!

No comments: