Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What the? My fastest outside run? Pathethic, I know


Oh its been a rough week. Chicago was a great race, with the exception of the roads. I will have a full race report in a day or so when I can get around to getting all my thoughts on paper. Bottom line is that I finished in 4:17 (ugh), but I finished strong and felt really good.
So I have continued to train. Sunday I rode on my bike for 2:00 in some nasty wind. There was a hurricane passing by and we had many passing showers, lots of wind and some really knarly surf. I only saw 2 other roadies out the entire time, normally I would see easily 50+ on a weekend day! Monday I ran 2 miles at a 16:00 min pace and tonight I did 2 more miles at a 15:00 pace, which is my fastest time outside that has been recorded on my Garmin :))))))

So we lucked out with Gustav staying away, we lucked out with Hanna staying away, none of us are feeling very good about Ike though. It is a damn scary looking storm and darn it, I have a race here on Sunday! We can't swim in the 8 foot seas that we've been having this week.

So this Sunday is the Tropical Triathlon, its a sprint race at the beach with a very big bridge stuck right in the middle of the bike and the run. It has been really hard to get back into the groove. I have been having some pain in my shoulder blades and today I finally had to go see chiro. Turns out I am having some muscle spasms in some muscle that is pulling on my ribs and giving me sharp stabbing pains, ouch! Funny because I can run, bike and lift weights, but I can't sit down in my car without screaming, go figure. So I got some electrical stim and heat put on it and then he popped my ribs or something back into place and I spent the rest of the day free of stabbing pains, but very sore from whatever he did. Tonight I am feeling a bit better and hopefully tomorrow I will be back on the road to feeling great. I have laid off the pushups for a bit because of this pain and now I am gonna have to put my pull-ups on the shelf for a little while so I can rest that muscle. So tomorrow evening I am really hoping to get a swim in. All for now :)

No comments: