Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pre-race ramblings

Well it's very early in the am here, got up around 4:20 to get ready for the Tropical Triathlon today. Yesterday the ocean was looking remarkably well for a hurricane swirling out there, so hopefully this morning will be the same. Today is a sprint race: 1/4 mi swim, 11 mi bike, 3.1 mi run. I am hoping to break 1:40 cause the course is pretty flat except for one semi-tall bridge and few small "hills". I've been run focused lately so I am hoping that is where I pick up my extra time and maybe a little off the swim. I don't expect my bike to be better than 42 min, so we'll see how it goes.
We went to our the season's first home opener of Florida Atlantic Football (my undergrad school). We didn't have a football team when I was there, but they do now and its nice to go out and support them. They actually won the Sunbelt conference last year and got to go to a bowl game, youngest team to ever manage that feat! The game was great, but it started at 4pm and it was 96+ degrees out, those poor fellows had to be roasting! We won against UAB (Univ of Alabama Birmingham). It was an exciting game and its nice to see lots of people coming out to watch. Little bub's got a neat football jersey because they were giving them out for youth day. Of course it won't fit her for 2-3 years but she is quite happy wearing it anyways.
OK well I gotta load the car for the 20 min haul down the road, I will be back with a race report, as well as one for Chicago two weeks ago.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Can't wait to read the race report! I hope all went great!