Saturday, July 26, 2008

The swim that wouldn't end!

Well we had swim training this am and our coach had us swim 3,000 yards. Did I mention that we did this without stopping! I think my time was around 1:15, which I was pretty darn happy with. I was close to the last one finished, but I wasn't far behind some others. Some day I will figure out what I am doing wrong with my stroke...

It was funny, I got in the pool and I must of missed the part about what we were doing. We were getting ready to push off and I was like, well what are we swimming. Coach just said your gonna do 3,000. Someone else shouted out, yeah it will be 60. So I take off thinking, oh I can do 60 lenths, that shouldn't be too bad. Well it is taking my brain a little while to catch up because I was trying not to lose track of what number I was on. So pretty soon I start closing in on 60 lengths and I am feeling pretty darn good. Now I start to think, well why is everyone else still swimming, maybe I need to do the math on this. So my heart sank when I realized that we had to do 60 laps or 120 lengths! Wow I was only 1/2 way done! My time for 1 mile non-stop (66 lengths) was 40 min, so I was feeling alright. Now keep in mind 6 months ago I was winded after 1 lap!

We also got our race wetsuits today! I had ordered a sleeveless and couldn't wait to get home and check it out. It fit great, was a bit of a pain to get into, but real easy to get out of. It is our Team-In-Training suit and they have been supplied by Fit 2 Race. Very happy with the fit! In the next couple weeks I am sure we will have a training session in them!



No comments: