Thursday, October 1, 2009

Um, what did I just do?

Yeah that was my thought last night after I hit the submit button. Well its official, I am registered for the inaugural Ironman Miami 70.3 event on Oct 30, 2010. What better way to say good-bye to Athena's 39 & under :) Yup in just over a year I will graduate into the master category :( I have never done anything longer than an Olympic/International distance tri, but I've done 2 of those and finished them thinking I could go a bit longer. I remember when just a couple of short years ago I thought a sprint would be nearly impossible, I have to run 3 miles??? Yeah funny. Well I don't run very fast and I walk alot, so my goal for this race will be to finish before the cut-off. I'm a descent swimmer so I intend to focus more on getting faster on my bike and trying to get down to a 12 minute mile! I have alot of work ahead of me I know, but I have a year to train. My hubs is supportive, as soon as I mentioned Ironman was coming to Miami next year and its right after my birthday, he suggested I sign up. Huh? Seriously? I know I think about it alot, but I wasn't expecting him to be so gung ho about it. I asked if I should sign him up too. He asked how long the swim was and then politely declined, hehe. He needs to work on swimming so he can join me out there.
On another note, my best friend and I signed up with a personal trainer once a week. We got tortured yesterday :) We worked out just over an hour and it was miserable because my head would not stop pounding! I had the worst headache that would not go away. Normally I would eat the training up, but it was all I could do to get thru it. Way to make a great impression on him, lol. Oh well hopefully next week it won't happen and I can bust thru it :)
I am anxious to get running. Ideally I would like to drop about 40 pounds in the next year and I am hoping this is the year it will happen. Between IM training and my trainer and my best friend, I am feeling very positive!
Oh I can only imagine the roller coaster experience I am in for! Let the fun begin :)

1 comment:

Trigirlorlando said...

Good Job on that sign up and welcome to the land of fun and insanity :) Looking forward to reading all your adventures in the coming year :)-Melissa